Whether you're a new parent or a seasoned pro, here you'll find resources to help make the most important job in the world a little easier to manage.
Welcoming a New Family Member
Parenthood is one of the most rewarding, meaningful experiences in life. When you add a new member to the family, Carle Health shares in your joy, offering resources to support you during this exciting time.
Eligible full-time team members can receive $5,000 and part-time team members can receive $2,500 in adoption assistance per year.
We know as a new parent you have a lot on your mind. To make your life easier, here's some information and resources to provide support.
Benefit Reminders for New Parents
- Within 31 days of birth or adoption, add your child to your health coverage. Contact the Carle Health HR Benefits team at (217) 902-5310 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request and return a form.
- Be sure to apply for Family Medical Leave (FMLA), report your FMLA usage, and discuss transition to work plans with your one-up.
- Use your paid maternity/paternity benefit.
- Breastfeeding pumps may qualify for Flexible Spending Account reimbursement.
- Based on business needs and with leader approval, new parents may be able to work on an altered schedule for a period of time to help make the transition back to work less stressful.
From breastfeeding to new-dad and sibling classes, Carle's classes offer valuable information about baby care and pregnancy, and help you, your family and friends, to be prepared. A small fee is charged for some classes to cover expenses, but most are free and open to the entire community. Registration in advance is requested. For more information or to register for a class, please call (217) 383-6962 or visit carle.org/classes.
To support breastfeeding mothers who need to travel overnight for work, Carle Health partners with Milk Stork to assist with milk storage and shipment. Milk Stork equips moms with easy-to-use coolers, breast milk storage bags and overnight shipping service.
Quality day care is available to Team Members at The Caring Place, a state licensed play-based facility. It offers full-time and part-time care as well as summer, and after school programs for children age six weeks to 12 years old. Employees get a 10 percent tuition discount and discounts for multiple children. Hours are 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. to help with your busy schedule. Same-day drop-in care is also provided based on availability and completion of appropriate paperwork.
The PerkSpot Employee Discount Program offers discounts from hundreds of retailers including Target and Kohl's as well as local and online retailers. This valuable resource is available at no charge to Team Members and may be helpful with purchasing baby items from diapers and food to clothes and furniture. Sign up at carle.perkspot.com and follow the simple instructions to create an account with your personal or work email. Then, start saving via weekly emails.
There are so many apps available to help parents; here are some of our favorites:
- BabyConnect - A comprehensive baby-tracking application that synchronizes information from other caregivers
- BabyCenter Pregnancy Tracker - This pregnancy tracker and baby development calendar guides you through every period of the parenting journey.
- The Wonder Weeks - A personalized weekly calendar of your baby's mental development.